Office Terminology for 2007
( cont'd )
You certainly noticed that unlike OTHER versions of this list, Blakk Frogg's version has stupid little examples of how to use the words included, right? You can thank him later. :P
11. XEROX SUBSIDY : Euphemism for swiping free photocopies from one's workplace. Ex: Ralph uses the xerox subsidies he gets from work to make signs for his home-based business.
12. IRRITAINMENT : Entertainment and media spectacles (often found online) that are annoy you to death and yet, strangely enough, you can't stop watching them. Ex: Three people got canned yesterday because they got caught reading the latest irritainment on one of Blakk Frogg's websites.
13. PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE : The fine art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again. Ex: One might eel the need to perform percussive maintenance on their computer when the 'blue screen of death' pops up each time they try to print.
14. ADMINISPHERE : The rarefied organizational layers beginning just above the rank and file. Decisions that fall from the adminisphere are often profoundly inappropriate or irrelevant to the problems they were designed to solve. Ex: Steve's promotion into the adminisphere has clearly gone to his head 'cuz he seriously thinks people listen to what he says now. What a joke!
15. 404 : Someone who's clueless. From the World Wide Web error Message "404 Not Found," meaning that the requested site could not be located. Ex: Pretty much everyone in the adminisphere must have a 404 stamped on their forehead if they really think anyone can understand this memo!
16. GENERICA : Features of the American landscape that are exactly the same no matter where one is, such as fast food joints, strip malls, and subdivisions. Ex: Land developers make a shitload of money building Walmarts, Taco Bells, titty bars and other tacky forms of generica in every community.
17. OHNO-SECOND : That minuscule fraction of time in which you realize that you've just made a BIG mistake. Ex: Thomas experienced the ohno-second of a lifetime when he realized he'd just sent a pornographic email to his boss.
18. WOOFS : Well-Off Older Folks. Ex: The way things are going, I don't think any of the people in the adminisphere will ever break out of their sitcoms and become woofs.
19. CROP DUSTING : Surreptitiously passing gas while passing through a Cube Farm. Ex: Franklin spent the majority of the afternoon crop dusting the rest of us because of the bad burritos he ate for lunch. What a jerk!
previous office terminology page