OK, this message came to Blakk Frogg in an email and he reformatted it for your reading pleasure. Makes certain you read ALL of this message, as it contains some interesting statements. Definitely read the ending comments by yours truly, though, 'cuz... um... well, just read 'em, damn it!
- The Garden of Eden was in Iraq.
- Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!
- Noah built the ark in Iraq.
- The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.
- Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!
- Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq!
- Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.
- Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.
- Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.
- Amos cried out in Iraq!
- Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.
- Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!
- Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.
- Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.
- Ezekiel preached in Iraq.
- The wise men were from Iraq.
- Peter preached in Iraq.
- The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon, which was a city in Iraq!
And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq! However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible The names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq, means country with deep roots.
Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.
No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated it than Iraq.
And also, This is something to think about! Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages...
The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)
Koran (9:11 ) – "For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace."
(Note the verse number!)
= = = = = = = =
OK, now if this whole story rings true, then damn, Saddam, you really ought to have studied more closely in, um, Sunday(?) School as a child. Also, to the person who put all these interesting 'facts' together, congratulations! You could totally dominate a topic called 'IRAQ HISTORY' on Jeopardy!
On the other hand, if the story contains falsehoods, lies and other non-truths, someone had WAY too much time on their hands and a lot of creativity. Good job. I nominate them for a career in tabloid journalism – or as a media specialist for the White House.
In closing, thank a soldier if you see one. Good chance they may have seen Iraq at some point recently and I highly doubt they call it anything other than Hell. Kind of ironic, given the potential history of those lands, right?